POSITION FILLED - DO NOT APPLY
NuNaturals is a 27-year-old family-owned and operated natural food and product company with a strong presence in the industry. We are small and efficient team providing our customers with the highest quality low or no sugar products. Our mission is to offer joyful products that help keep you well and to grow “sweet” relationships with our customers, employees, stakeholders, and community. Based in Eugene, OR, we are a strongly positioned industry veteran and are looking for a candidate who can help us take our organization to the next level.
The primary role of the Purchasing Manager will be to use sales forecasts to maintain finished product inventories. This will be accomplished by administering and managing the workflow of contract manufacturers, suppliers, and third-party laboratories in the production of NuNaturals food and dietary supplement products. The role will involve creating and scheduling purchase orders for ingredients, packaging, and finished goods production; working with vendors and contract manufacturers to coordinate ingredient sourcing, contracts, and logistics; working with the General Manager (GM), Logistics Coordinator, National Sales Director, graphic designers, and others to seamlessly coordinate all logistics related to production, packaging and ingredients for all NuNaturals products.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor's Degree in: Business, Mathematics, Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering, or the ability to demonstrate commensurate experience relevant to the position
• Excellent communication, documentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent technical and mathematical skills
• Advanced Excel skills ‐ (Vlookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
• A grasp of how a broad range of market forces impact product costing
• Solution finder, positive thinker, team player, excellent sense of humor, and a pleasure to work with
Other Job Requirements:
• Must own reliable transportation in order to travel to contract manufacturers, ingredient and warehouse facilities within the state Oregon.
• Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds and work in production environment when needed.
• Must be able to travel on overnight work related trips, including airline travel.
• Must be a team-oriented and self-motivated individual.
• Must be eager, willing, creative, intelligent, and compassionate and have a strong work ethic.
Preferred Experience (but not required):
• 2-5+ years experience with formulation, manufacturing, and distribution of foods and/or dietary supplements
• Experience with inventory forecasting, project planning, project management, and problem solving (qualitative and quantitative)
• Basic understanding of production equipment and their capabilities (including milling, grinding, blending, encapsulation, capsule packaging, powder fill, and liquid fill)
• Experience creating specifications for finished products, raw materials and components
• Experience reviewing, authoring, editing and updating Standard Operating Procedures and implementing the same
• Experience in label review, particularly Nutrition Facts and Supplement Facts panels
• Experience and Certification in Quality Control/Assurance
• Experience handling customer inquires
• Technical writing experience
• Sensory evaluation and/or descriptive analysis training
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid time off and retirement benefits are available. We do not offer health benefits. Yearly bonus based on performance.
NuNaturals is ready to do great things in 2017; the bus is leaving the station. Will “you” be on board?
How to apply?
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.