Looking for a sugar free, healthy breakfast option? Here is a healthy twist to your everyday porridge!
- 1 cup amaranth
- 4 cups almond milk
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla NuStevia®
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons pecans, pieces
- Combine amaranth and almond milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and allow to simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until you have a porridge consistency. Stir frequently and add more milk or water as need until amaranth is tender.
- Remove from heat and add raisins and Vanilla NuStevia.
- Top with Greek yogurt and pecans.
A Mother Rimmy Creation
Meet Kristi Rimkus
In Kristi's kitchen you'll find family pleasing, healthy recipes! For more information about Mother Rimmy's recipes please visit http://motherrimmy.com/