Cherry-Coconut Creme Pie with Chocolate-Coconut Crust is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Your family and friends will be shocked that its cream, dairy, gluten, oil and sugar free. Using NuNaturals products in both the crust and the filling makes this an extra special treat. You will be wanting to eat the whole thing by yourself.
- 1/2 cup dates *chopped*
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 flaxseed meal
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa or cacoa powder
- 1/3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 10 drops NuNaturals Lo Han
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 heaping tbsp. agar flakes
- 2 15-ounce cans sweet cherries *in water, not syrup; drained, but reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid*
- 6 ounces unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 stopper full of NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia
- 1/2 tsp. arrowroot
- 1 cup coconut flakes *toasted*
Instructions for Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flaxseed meal, applesauce, lemon juice, cocoa powder, spices, and NuNaturals Lo Han.
- In a food processor, process the dates and the pecans until finely ground.
- Add to the flaxseed mixture an stir until completely combined.
- Pat the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate so that its even on the bottom and up along the sides.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and let cool completely before filling.
Instructions for Filling:
- Chop the served 1/2 cup of cherries and set aside.
- In blender or food processor, process the cherries (all but the reserved 1 cup), yogurt, coconut milk, NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia, and arrowroot powder.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan bring the apple juice mixture in to the blender and process until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell and gently drop the served, chopped cherries on to the pie. Sprinkle the toasted coconut on onto the pie and gently press down.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator and let chill until firm.
An Unrefined Vegan Creation
Annie is an unrefined vegan, meaning that she only eats unbleached, unprocessed and cruelty-free: unrefined plant-based, whole food recipes to nurture body brain and conscience. All of the recipes on Annie's page are plant-based, meaning they do not contain any animal product. To find out more about Annie and her delicious creations visit her site at http://anunrefinedvegan.com/.