These Sugar-free Puffed Quinoa and Cacao Nib Chocolate Bars are the perfect sweet and healthy treat. With the crunch of the cacao nibs, mint flavor from NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup, and the chocolate, your taste buds will be in amazement. This delicious treat is great for the entire family.
Prep 10 min.
Cook 2 min.
- 3/4 cup high-quality cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Set aside a silicon mold.
- Put the cacao powder in a large glass measuring cup *set aside*
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, gently melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil with the NuNaturals Cocoa Mint Syrup
- Once the mixture is melted, remove pan from the heath and whisk in the vanilla and peppermint extracts
- Pour mixture into the measuring cup with the cacao powder, and whisk until its thoroughly incorporated and a rich, dark brown.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking
- Stir in the puffed quinoa and cacao nibs. Divide the mixture between 9 molds and refrigerate until set *less than one hour*
- After you pour the chocolate into the molds, sprinkle a little extra puffed quinoa and cocoa nibs on top.
An Unrefined Vegan Creation
Annie is an unrefined vegan, meaning that she only eats unbleached, unprocessed and cruelty-free: unrefined plant-based, whole food recipes to nurture body brain and conscience. All of the recipes on Annie's page are plant-based, meaning they do not contain any animal product. To find out more about Annie and her delicious creations visit her site at http://anunrefinedvegan.com/.