This Asian Plum Sauce is both sweet and savory; everyone will love it. It can be used as dipping sauce or used as a glaze on your favorite meat!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Yield: 2-3 half pint jars
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh plums, pitted and chopped (peel left on)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp NuStevia Ginger Syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until the plums are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce into a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth and return to pot. (Alternately, you can use an immersion blender right in the pot. Be careful blending hot liquids!)
- Bring the plum sauce back to a boil, then ladle into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Place sterilized lids and rings on the jars and process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath. Remove jars to a towel to rest for 24 hours. Check seal before storing.