This refreshing smoothie is perfect for a busy morning or a pick me up snack. Loaded with health benefits, it'll give you energy to get through the day!
Prep time: 20 mins
- 2 cups (275 g) carrots
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) filtered water
- 1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 tsp NuStevia Ginger Syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (sub with cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 small lemon)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp NuNaturals Organic Green Banana Flour (optional for resistant starch)
- Make carrot juice by adding carrots and filtered water to a high speed blender and blending on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it has trouble blending and scrape down sides as needed.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies or baked goods (such as carrot muffins)
- Transfer carrot juice to mason jar- will keep for several days, though always best when fresh!
- Add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more banana or pineapple for sweetness, lemon for acidity, ginger for bite, and turmeric for warmth
- Divide between two glasses and serve.
Recipe By: Minimalist Baker