Try this recipe to cool off this summer. They taste amazing and kids will have so much fun making them!
This recipe is one of the winners of the Kid-Friendly Recipe Contest run by The Flaming Vegan blogger Norma Plum! Recipe and photos by: Waleska Mirza
- 2 quarts non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp. refined coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup NuNaturals MoreFiber Stevia Baking Blend
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tbsp. NuNaturals Vanilla NuStevia Drops
- 3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- natural food coloring
- dixie cups
- wooden popsicle sticks
- (or popsicle molds)
- In a medium saucepan, simmer milk with all ingredients until milk starts foaming up.
- Turn the heat off and put a lid on the saucepan. Let the milk steep for 1 hour.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Divide into 4 different bowls and add a few drops of natural food coloring, one drop at a time, until desired color is reached
- Pour mixture into dixie cups and place the wooden sticks in the center of each cup.
- Freeze overnight.
- Run the mold under warm water and carefully remove it.
You can also add fruit, shredded coconut, seeds, dip them in chopped nuts, granola and/or dark chocolate.