Learn the ins and outs of using stevia, not just in recipes that are designed for it, but understand how to convert most recipes to use stevia, including tricks and adjustments. We will be making a flourless chocolate cake using NuNaturals Pure Stevia Extract, then we will make a strawberry coulis topping using NuNaturals White Stevia Powder, and finally, we will use NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia to make the whipped cream.
NuNaturals Choc-Apocalypse Cake (Serves 12)
- 340 gram 70% dark chocolate
- 225 gram unsalted organic butter (2 sticks) or coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 180 gram erythritol
- 3/8 tsp NuStevia Pure Stevia Extract (to taste)
- 1 deciliter of water (0.42 cups or 100ml)
- Line a 9" round pan with parchment paper. Place a large baking tray with about 2" water into the oven set at 300 F to warm (you are making a "bain-marie").
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve 180g erythritol and NuStevia Pure Stevia Extract (3/8 tsp total) in the water... boil for 1-2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Crack 5 eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat until volume increases by 4. Slowly pour in the sweet syrup. Make sure to temper the eggs. You want the eggs to be fluffy.
- Add chocolate/butter mixture to beaten eggs and syrup. Beat/mix very well, or else the butter will separate out during cooking.
- Pour into the parchment-lined pan, and set the pan into warm water in the oven. Bake for 1 hr at 300 until the center does not jiggle.
- Let cool, and even chill in the fridge so the butter sets before removing from baking pan.... invert onto a cake plate and enjoy!
Sweet Strawberry Compote
- 1 Pint (~3 1/4 cup) organic strawberries
- 4 tsp NuStevia White Stevia Powder (8 packets)
- 1 vanilla bean
- Wash strawberries and remove stems; cut large berries in half or roughly chop them.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. The mixture will sizzle for a while, but then the juice will begin to form. Continue stirring; mash a few strawberries with a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula to help produce the syrup. Cook until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. In a blender, puree about 1/3 of the sauce, then mix back into remaining topping. Store in refrigerator.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp Liquid Vanilla NuStevia
- Whip it.
- Whip it real good.