NuNaturals Choc-Apocalypse Cake (Serves 12)
- 340 gram 70% dark chocolate
- 225 gram unsalted organic butter (2 sticks) or coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 180 gram erythritol
- 3/8 tsp NuStevia Pure Stevia Extract (to taste)
- 1 deciliter of water (0.42 cups or 100ml)
- Line a 9" round pan with parchment paper. Place a large baking tray with about 2" water into the oven set at 300 F to warm (you are making a "bain-marie").
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Dissolve 180g erythritol and NuStevia Pure Stevia Extract (3/8 tsp total) in the water... boil for 1-2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Crack 5 eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat until volume increases by 4. Slowly pour in the sweet syrup. Make sure to temper the eggs. You want the eggs to be fluffy.
- Add chocolate/butter mixture to beaten eggs and syrup. Beat/mix very well, or else the butter will separate out during cooking.
- Pour into the parchment-lined pan, and set the pan into warm water in the oven. Bake for 1 hr at 300 until the center does not jiggle.
- Let cool, and even chill in the fridge so the butter sets before removing from baking pan.... invert onto a cake plate and enjoy!
Sweet Strawberry Compote
- 1 Pint (~3 1/4 cup) organic strawberries
- 4 tsp NuStevia White Stevia Powder (8 packets)
- 1 vanilla bean
- Wash strawberries and remove stems; cut large berries in half or roughly chop them.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. The mixture will sizzle for a while, but then the juice will begin to form. Continue stirring; mash a few strawberries with a wooden spoon or heat-proof spatula to help produce the syrup. Cook until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. In a blender, puree about 1/3 of the sauce, then mix back into remaining topping. Store in refrigerator.
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp Liquid Vanilla NuStevia
- Whip it.
- Whip it real good.