Celebrate Earth Day with these wonderful green recipes! Cook up some Earth Day treats with your loveday ones and share the Earth Day love!
Sugar Free Chocolate Mint Brownies
Recipe and photos by Norma Plum: Norma Plum is a vegan health enthusiast with a Master's Degree in Nutrition and a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition. You can find her blog here.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cups NuNaturals dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup MoreFiber Stevia Baking Blend
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 cup organic refined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. Peppermint NuStevia®
- Sugarfree ground chocolate and mint for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix together until evenly incorporated.
- Roll dough into 12 balls and push each one down onto a 12- cavity silicone mold.
- Top with sugar-free ground chocolate.
- Place the mold on a small cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Push the bottom of each and pop them out of the mold.
- Let brownies cool 30 minutes and decorate with mint.
Makes 12 brownies. No need to worry about storing, they won’t last long!
Tips: You can also top them with walnuts, pecan halves, almonds, etc.
Low Carb Chocolate Chocolate Chip CupcakesTry this delicious Low Carb treat by Kristi Maloney of www.momsownwords.com
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup NuNaturals unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup NuNaturals Erythritol
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups zucchini shredded (I use a box grater.)
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- In large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Mix in eggs, coconut oil, Erythritol, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Insert cupcake liners into cupcake pan. I used a six cup jumbo cupcake pan and made 2 batches. Makes 12 Jumbo cupcakes or 24 standard cupcakes.
- Bake on center rack at 350°F for about 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Once cool, frost with cream cheese frosting if desired. Store frosted cupcakes in the refrigerator. I froze the plain cupcakes and kept the frosting in the refrigerator and enjoyed one a day.
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup NuNaturals Erythritol powdered (I use a coffee grinder.)
- Add cream cheese and Erythritol to a mixer and blend until creamy.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla and whip until fluffy.
Ginger Blondies (Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free)
Ricki Heller, PhD, RHN, of Canada, is the author of Sweet Freedom and offers us this delicious "free-from" treat to enjoy over the Earth Day weekend. Visit Ricki on her site www.rickiheller.com to discover many more tasty & healthy recipes. Look for Ricki's latest new book: Living Candida-Free now available.Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp natural smooth cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp raw or toasted coconut butter, melted (not coconut oil)
- 3 Tbsp chickpea flour, sifted
- 1/8-1/4 tsp fine sea salt (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp whole psyllium husks
- 3 Tbsp NuNaturals Ginger Syrup
- 1/4 tsp NuNaturals vanilla stevia liquid (optional)
- 4 tsp (1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp) pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond, cashew or other alternative milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I used Lilys brand)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8- or 9-inch loaf pan with parchment, or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cashew butter and coconut butter until smooth. Stir in the chickpea flour, salt and psyllium husks and blend well.
- Add the Ginger Syrup, optional vanilla stevia, vanilla extract, milk and baking powder and stir to form a soft dough. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the dough evenly in the pan and bake for 18-23 minutes, until beginning to brown on the edges and just firm on top. Allow to cool completely before serving (the blondies will firm up as they cool). Makes 6-8 large blondies.
- Spread the dough evenly in the pan and bake for 18-23 minutes, until beginning to brown on the edges and just firm on top. Allow to cool completely before serving (the blondies will firm up as they cool). Makes 6-8 large blondies.
- Variation: For individual blondies, divide the dough evenly among muffin tins or mini muffin tins; bake only 15-18 minutes.