Celebrate National Doughnut Day every day with this amazingly delicious Chocolate Doughnut recipe!
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup NuNaturals Oat Fiber
- ¼ cup NuNaturals Organic Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp NuStevia White Stevia Powder
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Banana, Mashed
- 2 tbsp Butter, Melted
- 2 tbsp Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup NuNaturals Sweet Health Tagatose, powdered (to powder put in coffee grinder)
- 2-4 tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional Toppings: sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, etc
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray and put aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat fiber, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and stevia.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond milk, mashed banana, melted butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into doughnut pan until mold is ~2/3 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the donuts are firm. Remove from oven.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before removing doughnuts from pan and allowing them to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until smooth
- Once doughnuts have cooled, dip tops of doughnuts into the glaze. Let the extra glaze drip back into the bowl. Top with sprinkles or other toppings if desired.
- Allow frosting to harden for ~2 minutes before eating.
Nutrition Facts (per 1 doughnut): 73 Calories, 3 g Fat, 14 g Carbs, 4 g Fiber, 2 g Protein
Recipe created by:
Head to her website to check out more about Alix!