Barbecue sauce is such a versatile sauce. It can be altered to meet the needs of your taste buds, or the contents of your pantry. It can top a meatloaf, flavor a batch of pulled pork, or baste a grill full of veggies, chicken thighs, tofu slices, or cover the inside of a slider bun. Any leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tblsp. NuNaturals maple pourable syrup
- 1 Tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tblsp. soy sauce
- 2-3 Tblsp. olive oil (any oil is fine)
- 1 Tblsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1-2 tsp. hot sauce
- **optional** 2 Tblsp. whiskey
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, add all ingredients. Whisk together until smooth. Once warmed, the sauce can be removed from heat. Cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Need an idea of what to make with your new favorite sugar free barbecue sauce: Pulled Pork Sliders!