Pulled pork is an easy high protein meat that should always be kept on hand! Our recipe is so easy and can be made in a crockpot, or in the oven. This recipe makes beautiful sliders, served in small rolls with a crunchy slaw.
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1.5 c chicken broth
- 2 c sugar free barbecue sauce, divided
- Salt & pepper
- Liberally salt and pepper the pork shoulder. Over medium high heat, oil a skillet or dutch oven, and brown the pork on all sides.
- If using the dutch oven: preheat your oven to 250 degrees, while pork browns. Once pork is browned, add broth and ½ cup of our sugar free barbecue sauce, cover, and slow roast for 4 hours, or until you can shred with a fork.
- If using a crockpot: once pork is browned, transfer to your crockpot add 1/2 cup of our sugar free barbecue sauce, and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or 6-8 on low, until you can shred with a fork.
- To serve, shred pork with a fork, and serve with additional sauce.