These Everything Crackers are perfect for your next party. They are easy to make and high in fiber. Also, the dough will keep in the freezer for a few months just fine. Slice off the crackers when you want freshly baked crackers and freeze the rest by placing the wrapped log into a zipper bag, and labeling it with the date. That way, you can plan ahead and have these crackers ready to go for when you are hosting!
- 6 tbsp softened butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/2 c NuNaturals Oat Fiber
- 1/4 c almond or coconut flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning from Trader Joe’s***
*** Should you rather make your own everything seasoning, use a canning jar, and fill with 2 teaspoons each: sesame seeds, kosher salt, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and poppy seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl of a stand mixer (or hand mixer), combine butter and egg. Mix until combined. Add oat fiber and flour, salt and cheese. Mix until fully incorporated.
- On a sheet of plastic wrap or waxed paper, turn out dough, and form into a log. Roll up and refrigerate one hour, or until firm.
- Take out firm dough, open wrapping, and slice ¼ inch rounds, nice and thin. Place on a prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Everything seasoning. Bake about 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Transfer to cooling rack so they can be cooled completely. Serve with dip, or meat and cheese. Stored in a sealed container, these crackers will stay fresh about a week. But we like to make just as many as we will use, and freeze dough till we are craving a fresh batch!