These are proper, baked, chewy, yummy cookies without oil or sugar, simply flour, pecans, dried apricots, almond milk, and chocolate chips. Sound too good to be true? You’ll just have to try them to find out I guess
These aren’t majorly sweet, they have the perfect balance of being decadent enough with rich pecans and comforting chocolate to be a dessert or treat, yet they aren’t so overboard that you can’t grab a couple as an on the run breakfast when you forgot to put your overnight oats in the fridge. In fact, these are a darn sight better than most of those ‘breakfast’ bars and other on-the-go options out there so go ahead and have cookies for breakfast!
If you want them sweeter, there is the option of adding extra sweetness. They are best served still warm and on the day of baking, however they make amazing cookie sandwiches the next day!
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
The NuNaturals Team
- 170g/ 1 heaped and packed cup of flour (whole wheat, spelt, white, gluten free)
- 60g/ 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 85g/ 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 6 tbsp almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 60g/ heaped 1/4 cup dark vegan chocolate chips
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
1 tsp NuNaturals simple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180c/350f and line a baking sheet.
- Process the flour, pecans, apricots and salt if using in a food processor until crumbly. Gradually add the milk and sweetener if using until a moist but not sticky ball of dough is formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and work in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Divide the dough into 12 and roll each onto a ball and place spaced apart on the baking sheet. Flatten the cookies with your palm, they won’t spread much while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and firm to touch. Cool on a wire rack.