Hot summer nights call for this maple pecan ice cream. Not only is there no sugar added, it's also keto friendly! So stop what you're doing and make this ice cream right now. You can thank us later 😉
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/8 tsp NuStevia Pure Extract
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 tbsp NuStevia Maple Flavored Pourable Syrup
- 6 oz whole pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice Cream Maker
- To make maple pecans: Preheat the oven to 325º. In a saucepan or in the microwave slowly melt the butter and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine pecans, salt, and NuStevia Maple Flavored Syrup. Pour melted butter over pecans and toss until every pecan is coated. On a baking sheet, spread pecans out evenly and toast in the oven until pecans are a golden brown (about 5 mins but keep a close eye on them). Once pecans are cooled, crush them up into bite size pieces and put them in the freezer.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together cream, vanilla, and NuStevia Pure Extract. Turn on ice cream maker, adding in the mixture slowly (make sure to always have the paddle moving before pouring liquid in!) Add in half and half.
- Allow the cream to solidify and become ice cream (approx. 25 mins). Once it becomes the consistency you desire add pecans and 6 tbsp of NuStevia Maple Flavored Syrup. Let machine fold in these ingredients for about 2 mins. Ice cream will be a little soft, so put it all in a freezer safe container and freeze for at least an hour.
- Enjoy! Add some more maple pecans on top with a drizzle of NuStevia Maple Flavored Syrup-our favorite toppings!!
Products used in this recipe