Nothing is better than a camp fire and roasting marshmallows with friends and family. These sugar free marshmallows are sweet and perfect for making smores!
- 2 tbsp NuNaturals Gelicious Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/8 tsp NuNaturals Pure Monk Fruit powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup NuNaturals Tagatose
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium to large-sized bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Allow to sit for at least 5 mins.
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, stir sweeteners, and remaining hot water.
- Heat sweeteners and water over high heat until the mixture reaches 240 - 245 degrees F, or the soft ball stage
- Gradually and carefully, while mixing constantly, add the hot mixture to the water and gelatin mixture.
- Slowly add the vanilla to the mixture while beating.
- beat on high until the mixture forms stiff peaks (almost like beaten egg whites).
- Pour into a lightly greased 8x8 pan. You can use whatever size pan you like to make either thick or thin marshmallows. 8x8 pan will make nice sized thick marshmallows.
- Allow marshmallow to set, this can take 6-24 hrs but I've never had it take that long. You can put them in the freezer to speed up the process-- don't forget they are in there!
- Cut into the size you'd like.
- If desire, coat with cocoa, raw or toasted coconut, ground nuts - have fun with your toppings!
- Store in an airtight container and try to keep your kiddos out of them!