Avocados aren't just for toast! Our favorite foodie @katalysthealth created the perfect recipe in these fudgy yet healthy treats!
- For the Brownies:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup NuNaturals cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tablespoons almond butter [or nut butter of choice]
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Frosting:
- ¼ cup NuNaturals cocoa powder
- 1 avocado
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ cup NuNaturals maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 dish with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend together the avocado, almond butter, vanilla extract and eggs until smooth.
- Add almond flour, cocow powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and sea salt. Pulse until batter forms.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- While brownies are cooling, add frosting ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust sweetener, as needed.
- Once brownies have cooled completely, spread with frosting and slice into 12 squares