Alix Turoff created this amazing stawberry basil margarita. We're in love.
Strawberry Basil Margarita
- ½ tbsp kosher salt
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh
- 5 basil leaves
1 tsp NuNaturals Stevia Simple Syrup
- 2 fl oz Tequila
- 2.5 fl oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 fl oz Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Optional Garnish: Fresh strawberry or lime wedge.
- Put kosher salt in a small bowl (choose a bowl that will fit the rim of your glass
- To salt the rim of your glass, take a lime wedge and coat the rim. Dip in salt mixture and rotate glass until coated.
- Fill your glass with ice and set aside
- Remove the stems from your strawberries and place in a blender with fresh basil leaves and simple syrup. Pulse the blender until you have a liquid with small bits of strawberries.
- Add strawberry mixture to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add tequila, lime juice and triple sec.
- Close shaker and shake for ~30 seconds. Strain into rimmed glass with ice.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry and/or lime wedge