- 5 cups rolled oats (400g)
- 2 1/2 cups over-ripe mashed banana measured after mashing (600g)
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 NuStevia White Stevia Powder packets
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 2/3 cups water (640g)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut or veg oil (45g)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional add-ins: cinnamon, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, ground flax or wheat germ, raisins or other dried fruit, etc.
Preheat oven to 380 F, and line 24-25 cupcake tins. In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine and stir all wet ingredients (including banana). Mix wet into dry, then pour into the cupcake liners and bake 21 minutes. I also like to then broil for 1-2 minutes, but it’s optional. (If you let them cool overnight, they’ll no longer stick to the liners.) These oatmeal cakes can be eaten right away, or they can be frozen and reheated for an instant breakfast on a busy day.
Katie has been featured on The Today Show, CNN, FOX, Dr. Oz, The Huffington Post, and ABC's 5 O’Clock News. Her favorite food is chocolate, and she believes in eating dessert every single day! For more from Chocolate Covered Katie please visit http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/