Sweet Health Tagatose is a low calorie, low carbohydrate sweetener that is 92% as sweet as sugar with a very clean taste. Tagatose browns and caramelizes like sugar, making it a very unique and versatile non-sugar sweetener.
What are the benefits of Tagatose?
- Tagatose is a prebiotic. Prebiotics help multiply the good bacteria in the digestive tract. Improving the overall health of the digestive system.
- Tagatose is low Glycemic (3 on the Glycemic Index) making it a great sweetener choice for everyone, including Type I and Type II diabetics. Tagatose will not raise blood sugar levels in most individuals.
- Each 1 teaspoon serving of Tagatose is equal to 1 teaspoon sugar, containing 6 calories and 4 carbohydrates. The carbohydrates are only partially digested so not all the carbohydrates are used by the body.
- Tagatose tastes like sugar, appealing to many people. Many people feel it has a better taste profile than Sugar Alcohols (like Erythritol and Xylitol) and other natural sweeteners. Studies at Oregon State University demonstrated that Tagatose improves the taste profile of Stevia.
- Tagatose does not promote tooth decay like sugar.
Tagatose is made from the galactose in milk via a natural patented process. There are no chemicals used to make Tagatose.