Our friend Kat has done it again with another delicious and guilt free recipe! The mocha brownie ice cream recipe is the best way to satisfy any chocolate craving. No ice cream machine needed!
Ingredients:For the Mocha Ice Cream:
- 3 spotty bananas, sliced and frozen
- ½ avocado, ripe
- ⅓ cup Organic Cocoa Dutch Process
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoons NuStevia Maple Flavored Syrup, if needed
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Organic Cocoa Dutch Process
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Add dates and coconut oil to a food processor and process until broken down and sticky. Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue to process until "batter" forms. Pulse in chocolate chips. Set brownies to the side.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add the frozen bananas, avocado, cocoa powder and instant coffee. Blend on high until smooth, scraping down the sides a few times to make sure everything is well incorporated. Taste and add additional maple syrup if needed.
- Spread half of the ice cream mixture into a loaf pan. Add half of the brownie batter, dropping pieces of it over top of the ice cream. Top with remaining ice cream and brownie batter.
- Set ice cream in the freezer for four hours or overnight to firm up. Allow ice cream to thaw at room temperature roughly 10 minutes before scooping.