This paleo and gluten-free cake recipe from Krysten's Kitchen can be made in the oven or microwave! Krysten used our Pourable Maple Syrup to make this recipe devilishly delicious without adding sugar.
- 1 egg
- 2 TB NuNaturals Pourable Maple Syrup
- 2 TB coconut milk or milk of choice
- 2 TB NuNaturals Organic Cocoa Dutch Process
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB coconut flour
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1 TB of chocolate chips or chocolate bar of choice
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
If using the oven, preheat to 350 degrees.
In a mug or mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the cake. Start with wet and then add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
Microwave your mug for 60-90 seconds until middle part of the cake is cooked. Once cooked, the cake will be very hot. Make the frosting (either in the microwave or over the stove top in a makeshift double boiler) and pour frosting on top of the mug cake. Add sprinkles and enjoy!