This Chocolate Pudding topped with the Coconut Whipped Cream is so irresistible and kid friendly! Everyone will be begging for more.
This recipe is one of the winners of the Kid-Friendly Recipe Contest run by The Flaming Vegan blogger Norma Plum! Recipe and photos by: Lucia Gallardo
For Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding:
- 3 cups unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup NuNaturals Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 3-6 tbsp NuStevia Cocoa Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can (414 ml) coconut cream
- 1/4 cup organic icing/powdered sugar (*optional, I've always made it without the sugar)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding:
- Add all ingredients and 3 tbsp. of NuNaturals NuStevia Cocoa Syrup to a blender. Blend completely until smooth and creamy. Continue to sweeten slowly, if desired.
- Pour mix into tupperware. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled with coconut whipped cream and desired toppings.
Leftover Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding will last up to one week
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Refrigerate coconut cream overnight, without shaking or tipping the can. This will separate the cream from the liquid.
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl and your beaters in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the coconut cream from the fridge, being careful not to shake or tip the can. Scrape out the top cream and leave the liquid behind. You may use the liquid in other recipes, in lieu of coconut water.
- Place the cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 1 minute. Add in the vanilla extract and sugar (if using). Continue to beat until creamy and smooth, or desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Serve chilled over chia seed chocolate pudding. Add toppings as desired.
Leftover Coconut Whipped Cream will last up to two weeks
Fair Trade Dark Chocolate Shavings
Fruit (berries, orange segments, etc.)