Our friend, Kat, got creative with her leftover cranberry sauce and created this delicious stuffed french toast! The perfect treat to start your day.
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- cranberry sauce, homemade or store-bought
- almond butter
- Optional: NuStevia Clear Extract
- Toppings: NuStevia Pourable Maple Syrup
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract in an 8x8 dish (Tip: add a couple drops of NuStevia Clear Extract for a little sweeter french toast!). Set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cranberry sauce on a slice of bread and 2 tablespoons of almond butter on another. Top one slice with the other, then dip into the egg mixture on both sides.
- Place sandwich into the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- To serve, slice in half and top with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Check out more of Kat's recipes here